Looking back at 2021-2022 and plans for 2023
Every end of year I write about what happened during the yearly cycle and what’s to come.
This year was very special and impactful for me. I learned a lot about myself, about what I do and why. Here are the highlights.
Highlights of 2022 and 2021
I published and co-authored several academic papers during this period:
- What drives the release of material facts for Brazilian stocks?
- The Academic Inbreeding Controversy: Analysis and Evidence from Brazil
- Board gender diversity: performance and risk of Brazilian firms
- O Impacto da Titulação Acadêmica de Conselheiros e Diretores sobre a Performance de Empresas Negociadas na B3
Checking previous plans
At the end of 2020, my plans for 2021 and 2021 were:
- Publish new R/ggplot2 book (Visualização de Dados com R)
- Done! :)
- Publish third edition of Análise de Dados Financeiros e Econômicos com o R
- Also done! :)
- Publish board papers
- Done! See it here.
- Publish paper about academic inbreeding
- Done! The paper is available at JOI
Plans for 2023
- Publish revision of Analyzing Financial and Economic Data with R
- I’m currently working on it. I’m implementing major changes in the background, on how the book is written and compiled. On a side note, it is great to have time to think about compiling books using Rmarkdown, and organizing it in a common framework. This will make it easier to update ALL books over time.
- Publish revision of Análise de Dados Financeiros e Econômicos com o R
- Same as previous revision. Almost everything improved in the english version will also be done here.
- Write and publish paper about research schollarships
- This is is WIP (work in progress). I have no idea how it will turn out, but the main guideline is investigating the effects (or causes) of research schollarships (Bolsas de Produtividade) in Brazil. Final version and publication is likelly to happen in 2024.